ALBUM REVIEW: Lips on Lips EP - Tiffany Young

 It's been a while since I last did an album review, and recently I've been listening to Tiffany Young's EP, Lips on Lips non-stop. I first heard about her through Vanity Fair's video on YouTube called, "Tiffany Young Teaches You Korean Slang". In the video, not only was she hilarious, she was also  down-to-earth.

Tiffany's EP, Lips on Lips was released on February 22, 2019. There are 5 tracks, all ranging in different genres and styles. Now, without further ado - here is the album review.

Born Again - The opener to Lips on Lips, Born Again starts with a soft bass and heavy vocals. As it nears the chorus, the bass gets heavier. The power in her voice is steady - it doesn't falter. In the music video, she has a commanding presence. As an artist who has worked overseas in the entertainment business for a decade, she knows how to work all the angles.

Lips on Lips - The title track is sweet, yet playful. Its aim is to capture the sentiments of a kiss that sets off sparks. My favorite line is "Like a rose, full in bloom." This track is my favorite in the EP.

Runaway (ft Babyface) - This track is reminiscent of R&B of the early 2000s. Tiffany and Babyface's smooth vocals drip like honey. My favorite lines are in the bridge which says, " I'll be there for you, to love and care for you, and I won't change."

Not Barbie - Not Barbie is an anthem of self-love, recognizing that just because you don't look like a model in a magazine doesn't mean that your beauty and self-worth should diminish or not matter . This song spoke to me personally, as a fellow Asian girl. The lines "I don't need to apologize 'cause I'm different." and "All these magazines, page after page and no one look like me" touched my heart. This track is my second favorite on the EP.

The Flower - The Flower is a promise to a lover that no matter what happens, they will stick together through thick and thin. The chorus is catchy and sweet. My favorite line is "You could pick the picture, let me be the frame."

If you listen to the album, please let me know! Also, stay tuned for the next artist in the Singer Spotlight series - coming to you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts