TRAVEL DIARY: London, Fall 2016 (Part 3)

Here is the final installment for my travel diary from my trip to London!

DESTINATION #3: THE SHARD


On the fourth day of my trip, my mom and I went to the Shard, which is the tallest building in Western Europe, and the fourth tallest building in the world. Since we had received a voucher from the city bus tour from our second day in London, we were granted two free entry, “next-available-time slot” tickets for The View From The Shard (we had paid for the tickets in advance). I had been wanting to the Shard for a couple of months prior to my trip, so I was ecstatic when we bought tickets to go.

The Shard was designed by Italian architect, Renzo Piano, and was built from 2009 to 2013, opening to the public on February 1, 2013. It is a home to offices, a hotel, restaurants and bars, public galleries, and residential apartments – which are all scattered throughout the 72 floors of the building.

The most optimal view of the city is on floors 68, 69, and 72. The open-air observation deck is situated on floor 72, whereas the lower viewing decks are situated on floors 68 and 69. The weather was fantastic when we went, as there were clear and sunny skies. Here are some photos:






If anyone is interested in visiting the Shard , here is their website: 
https://www.theviewfromtheshard.com

This post concludes my London travel diary. I hope you enjoyed reading this series, and we'll speak soon.

-Em 





Comments

Popular Posts