TRAVEL DIARY: London, Fall 2016 (Part 2)


As promised last week, here is the second installment of my travel diary from my trip to London!

DESTINATION #2: CITY BUS TOUR & THAMES RIVER CRUISE

The following day, my mom and I embarked on a hop-on, hop-off city bus tour for the entire day. We boarded the bus from our hotel, at around 11 AM. We first went on the Museum Tour, which included spots such as the Natural History Museum, Harrods, Piccadilly Circus, the British Museum, and the Royal Albert Hall. After getting off at Piccadilly Circus, we embarked on the Original Tour, which included sights such as Ripley’s Believe it or Not!, Marble Arch, Big Ben & Parliament, London Eye, Covent Garden, and St. Paul’s Cathedral.

Of all the sights I saw on the city bus tour, my favorites were the Royal Courts of Justice, and the London Eye.  The architecture of the buildings in London are breathtakingly beautiful! Although most of the buildings in London are old, they are filled with so much history and are all very well-maintained!



















After we finished the bus tour, we took a river cruise along the Thames River. By the time we reached the pier, it was around 5 pm, so it wasn’t too dark. As soon as we boarded the cruise, I realized I had the PERFECT view of Tower Bridge, so I quickly snapped a photo.  The river cruise was peaceful, and we rode at a leisurely pace. 













I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who is visiting London. Here is the link to the bus tour’s website:http://eng.bigbustours.com/international/home.html


I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post! Stay tuned for part 3, which will be up within the next couple of days. 

Comments

Popular Posts